Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6/10/13 - squat/pull & wfd

Training#1 @ 4a

Hang clean 225x4x2, 275x2x2, 295x1, 315x, 315x, 315x1, 275x2, 225x4
Squat up to 475x1, add belt/wraps 535x1x3, 405x8
2" deficit deadlift up to 535x1x2, add belt 535x1

I'm doing a good job of keeping my shoulders in front of the bar on the hang cleans (bar at knee) but my hips are too high so I'm not getting an real pop out of my legs. Playing around with keeping shoulders out front and dropping my hips some. As a result, really getting a good explosion at the hips. I could probably muscle up more weight but I'm trying to keep these pulls high, not splay my feet and have relatively good tech. Making improvements, but always more work to do. Squats felt great. 475 felt pretty heavy without a belt or wraps but it's a nice ease of mind that I've still got some decent 100% raw power. I consider this more functional than the power I get from belt/wraps. Top end sets felt good and weren't fast but weren't slow. I'm hoping to make it to 585 before dropping down but really I don't know. Next week is 545. Will prob make 495 my last no belt/wraps set before gearing up. Pulls felt amazing. All of them very fast. I like the 2" deficit. The 4" deficit is much harder. Next week we go to 545 from a 4" deficit and that's going to be rough. Looking forward to pulling off the floor again though. Once I get to the 100% top end on pulls I'll run the next training cycle/buildup pulling swapping from the floor and 2" deficit vs 2" and 4" deficits.

Training#2 @ 645a

56# wfd
*1 turn x8, best of 38
*full x15ish, best of 42, avg 40

28# wfd x6, all over 80, best at 83

Finally, a mini-breakthrough here. Watching my previous videos I still couldn't tell what I was doing wrong to lose my push to zero and drift left on my sprint so much. About 4 throws into my fulls it dawned on me: I need to land more closed off aka get my left down sooner. ***IMMEDIATELY*** everything came together. I was able to accellerate through the low point again after the first turn, I wasn't drifting as much anymore on the sprint and everything felt more relaxed. This was awesome. Timing is off at the front but shouldn't take me too long to fix. Hoping to get back in the 45-46+ range by Portland. I'll need some really big hammers and weights to make up for my slack in stones.

Still need to get my caber back. Might just fix my planer and go buy a pole and make one. I'd be extremely annoyed if it snapped again though. Between a rock and a hard place. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment