Friday, June 21, 2013

6/20/13 - snatch & assistance

Training @ 530a

Hang power snatch 135x4x4, 185x2, 205x2, 235x, 205x2
Overhead squat pvc x a bunch, bar x5x3, 95x3x2
Ring rows 3x12

With the exception of plowing the bar into my forehead with 135 on my warmups, snatches felt good. Getting a strong pull and explosion. 235 was right there if I would've dropped down 3-4". Still working on both flexibility and tech for the overhead squats. I feel great with the pvc and the bar but as soon as I've got 95lbs on there its pushing my shoulders in, popping and uncomfortable enough to make me stop. Last thing I want to do is risk injury. Been talking with Sean Langford and Tom Sroka about how to fix this. Going to do a lot of overhead squatting with PVC and the bar to work on flexibility as well as work on some cues for keeping my shoulders high and lats engaged while in the bottom position. I'll get some video of these shortly, regardless of how silly I look struggling under 95lbs.

Was going to throw wfd but the fat kid came out instead. I had 4 eggs, 1.25lb steak, 4 pieces of toast and about 1/3 gallon of milk. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment