Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6/17/13 - lower & wfd

Training#1 @ 410a

Hang power clean 135x5, 225x4x2, 275x2, 315x1x2
Squat up to 495x1, add belt/wraps 545x1x3
Deficit pulls 545x1 @ 4" deficit, 545 miss, 545x1 from floor, 545x1 from 2" deficit
RDL/36" box jump superset 315x5/5, 385x5/5, 435x5/5

Cleans felt really good and explosive. Really dialing in technique. No feet splay and not much of a drop to catch, one could say they were caught "on virtually straight legs", lol. Getting shoulders out in front of the bar but also dropping my hips some. This is giving me a big explosion/bump right at my hip crease and a very powerful pull. Not as consistant as I'd like yet but it's feeling good. Going to stay at 315 for a few more weeks before attempting to move up, regardless these are the best 300+ has ever felt on a hang clean. Squats felt solid. That's the first time I've done (ever?) 495 with no belt or wraps. I've done it with no wraps before but I don't recall ever going no belt with 495. Felt heavy but pretty good and didn't slow down at all. 545 was rough, might be reaching my top out very soon. 495 off the 4" box felt easy. 545 did not. Second set at 545 I quit about 3" off the floor. The first one took so much out of me and I was WAY out front. I just can't seem to keep my hips low when the box is that high. Pulled it off the floor for a very easy single and then went to a 2" deficit for another easy single. Think I might just go with 2" deficits from now on. Maybe go with 3", not sure yet.

Training#2 @ 115p

56# wfd
*1 turn x8-10, best avg 38, best 39
*full x16-20, best 43, avg 41

Threw slightly uphill so those numbers are kind of encouraging. Man, I have no idea how I got into this wfd slump but I think I'm finally starting to climb out of it. Cast is feeling much better but still missing positions at the front. About 3/4 way through I realized I'm leading with my left shoulder on the sprint. I don't know why, I just am. Before, I used to think about pushing the weight from it's low point through the sprint nice and high. The moment I did this my position at the front was much better. Another plus to this was that I wasn't drifting left through the sprint anymore. Another issue off my mind. At the front I was in a position to be able to accellerate through the low point and get a big push into the field whereas before I was just able to catch it at zero and push it into the field. Finally taking some bigger steps forward. Pretty gassed from legs this morning but numbers were decent regardless. Portland is coming up in 6 weeks so I need to start putting all of this together. Going to start hitting stones pretty seriously starting next week, hopefully by then my wfd will be 100% back on track.




No comments:

Post a Comment