Monday, June 17, 2013

6/15/13 - hammer/wfd

Training @ 5am

hammers
*22# x4-5
*20# x2-3
*16# x6-8
*14# x4-6

Lack of sleep doing me in. These were all awful. Couldn't get my back loosened up on any of them. The FELT smooth and relaxed but had absolutely no speed. Even when I thought I hit a solid one with the 16, the best was 122. Best with the 14 was 125. Looking forward to a long nights rest.

56# wfd
*1 turn x6-8, best 39
*2 turn x16-18, best 42, avg 40

28# wfd x2, 79/82

Wfd felt ok. Positions feeling much much better since getting my left around faster. Able to get my left down, drop my hips and really reach for a long sprint. Watching video though, the throw never speeds up. My left isn't getting down fast at the front and as such I'm losing my accelleration through the low point for the big finish. It's less apparent on the lwd than the hwd as I'm still speeding up the finish on the lwd. My lower back has been extremely tight the last 6 weeks so I'm thinking it might have made me lazy with reaching back and separating to catch the weight at the front and get my left leg down. Now my left is just kind of dangling until the weight gets to about 7:00 whereas I used to get it down closer to 9:00 and applying force by 8:00. Something to work on monday when I hit weights again. Skipped stones, whatever.

Also, I need to start making sleep a bigger priority. Running on 5-5.5 hrs sleep every night just isn't working. I'm exhausted all the time and while my weight training isn't being too affected, my throws training certainly is. Especially by the 4th day in a row. Got to make sure to get to bed earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment