Friday, June 7, 2013

6/6/13 - hammers

Was supposed to hit some snatches, back assistance and speed squats but that felt through as my body is still thrashed from the past two days weight sessions. I'll do some pullups and rows later tonight or this week sometime.

Training @ 1230p

16# hammer x15ish, avg 133, best 135

The usual 3 sets of winds to warmup. First toss was 125, second was 130. I thought today was giong to be an awesome day based on those. Started speeding things up and falling apart. Numbers were still good, but not in relation to those first two warmup throws. Watched some video and analyzing what I'm doing. Typically, on my first wind I'm allowing the ball to drop on my right side. Mind you, I'm reaching and getting it as far right as possible, but I'm allowing to drop vs pushing it away from me. Typically I push the ball down and across me on my second wind and on my third I push the ball away from me off my right side, down then all the way across me into my block. I'm realizing that the faster I go, the more this won't work because there's too much orbit manipulation during the throw. So I changed things around and started pushing the ball away from me to the right side on the very first wind. This gave me a very long push across and set me up so in a good position to do the exact same thing on the second wind. This gave me a slingshot effect speeding the ball up and on the third into the finish I did it one last time. Ended up finishing late but the ball still went 135 out to the left of the field. Awesome. Now I just need to do the exact same thing and work on my timing a bit more. These felt really really good. Looking forward to the next hammer practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment