Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6/26/13 - hammer

Training @ 1215p

16# hammer x15, best of 137'5, avg 133

Started off with usual warmups. Had to take a few extra as I was pretty tight. Haven't been hitting the weights this week so I'm not as loose as usual at that time of day. Also, since adding back in the right side leg drive/push across it makes the timing a bit different. After 5-6 sets of winds I was ready to go. The majority of the throws were in the 130-133 range with a handful at 134. Started feeling gassed towards the end. Took video of the last three throws that went 129, 127 and 137'5 respectfully. The 137'5 is a training PR, for whatever that's worth. Talking with Sean it's apparent that I had a better/higher release angle on the last one (outside of speed). Rather than thinking about pushing the hammer around me, I'm going to also think about pushing the hammer up for a big lift on the finish. I didn't specifically have this in my mind, but I can see how that affected the throw. Higher release, more time to travel, more distance, etc. My basices are there and speed is getting good. Every little nuance is going to cost me or give me distance. Need to really dial in the release, ensuring to make it faster with good lift.

Ostone and hwd tomorrow then done till Monday. Starting back up with the weights on Monday morning and 2 training weeks until Portland. Coming up fast. I've got work to do.

Side note, I get my caber back this weekend, YESSS!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment