Friday, June 7, 2013

6/5/13 - ohp/bench & stones

Training#1 @ 415a

Strict ohp up to 275x1, miss @ 295, back down to 275x1, 225x7
Flat BB bench up to 365x1x3, add slingshot for 365x6
Ring dips bwx10, x6x2
Band face pulls 3x20

Woke up feeling miserable. My left spinal erector is ON FIRE. Spent about 10 minutes rolling it out, took some ibuprofin and decided to skip push presses. It's not injured, but it's def not happy. Pushed through and hit some decent #s. The first 275 was pretty fast. Probably fastest it's ever been. Went for 295 and stalled about 2" above my head, lockout issues, as always. Dropped for another 275 which was slow then 7 reps was the best I could do with 225. Bench felt pretty good. The 365 was tough but not killer. Not sure if 385 would have been there or not. Triceps were smoked for the dips. Overall energy was REALLY low after legs yesterday. Been going to bed at about 1030p lately too so running on 5 hours of sleep isn't helping me any. I'll have to make sure I get some good sleep tonight so I can hit some snatches/assistance work tomorrow.

Training#2 @ 12p

23.5# braemar x12, best of 40'
17# ostone x12-15, best of 48'

Both stones feeling ok but not great. I'm allowing my torso to move too early and drift too far forward before blocking. I've got to lead with my hips and hold my torso back. Trying to think about driving forward with my legs but twisting with my upper body to finish chest up. Making improvements. This is a PR with my training 23.5# stone so I'll take it. I really need to get this closer to 43-44 if I want to be a contender.

Ostone is getting more consistant. Same as last few practices, slowing my left down to work on a faster right. I'm getting to the point now where I can start speeding my left up again and my right is still turning, leading the throw. Slowly getting there. Still dropping my head and opening my left side a tad early. Really trying to not do this but it's going to take some time to break those habits. 48' with this stone is a good toss for me. Very tough to find a handle on either of these stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment