Friday, July 12, 2013

7/11/13 - snatch/fsquat/squat press & wob

Training#1 @ 545a

Hang power snatch up to 185x3x3
Hang snatch pulls 225x3, 245x3, 275x3
BB rows 225x10, 245x10, 275x10
Pullups 4x5
Front squat into squat press 225x3x2

Got up a bit late. Been feeling under the weather last couple days so trying to get some extra sleep, pound the vitamins and take it easy. Skipped hammers and wob yesterday to get some extra rest. Going to try to get some wob in tonight if it's not raining. Monsoon season is upon us. 110 degrees @ 75% humidity, fml. Takes me 45 mins to cool off from a workout and even longer to get dry. Snatches felt heavy, snappy, but heavy. Snatch pulls felt much better and explosive. I much prefer these over cleans and clean pulls. Haven't done rows in forever. I really need to get back on my game with these. Started off low. Will start ramping these up over the next couple weeks. The highlight of the workout was the front squats into a squat press. Man these are fun. The triple front squat is still an explosive speed style squat as the bar is popping off my shoulders every rep. Then I rack it and immediately unrack on my back into the squat presses. The goal here is to get fast and snappy enough to have very little press-out on the overhead part. Legs were feeling toasted after the second set. Ran out of time so called it there. Will shoot for 4-6 sets of these from now on.


Training#2 @ 6p

56# wob
*7/10 @ 15ft
*1/5 @ 16ft
*4/7 @ 15ft

Pshhhh. Not much in the tank at all. Should have known that by how heavy 185 felt this morning on the snatches. I've got to start training this more often. I need to be consistant at 17ft. Might start throwing the 49 just so I can get more reps in as timing won't change much at all. Speaking of timing, man I feel like I'm waiting FOREVER for the weight to drop to my mid foot before exploding. Its very easy to jump the gun. Left about 5 of them out front (pretty much the reason I missed at 15ft. Left a couple out front at 16 too. Others just slammed into the bar, not enough power behind it to get over. I'm not worried. Training is done for the week. I pick up my caber on Saturday so will throw stones/weights/hammers/caber/wob sunday. Then stones/weights/caber monday and stones/hammer tuesday. Usually I would throw on Wendesday too but with my different training schedule I'm going to give myself Wed, Thurs & Fri to rest up and recover before Portland. Some big names going to Portland and Claw so I've got to really turn my game up. Hopefully I can get enough throws in with the stone to hit a couple good ones coming up. Very excited for the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment