Monday, July 8, 2013

7/4/13 - snatch/squat press

Training @ 930a

Hang power snatch up to 225x1x2, 185x3
Squat press up to 275x3, 225x5
Pullups 4x5

Done and done. I think I'm just going to work in the 185-205 range on these hang power snatches for a while and then work up to something heavy-ish for snatch pulls. I need to get a better pop off my hips. Squat press was something new to try. Speed work is pretty boring imo. Its easy to put too much weight on the bar and slow down too much. Was talking with a buddy of mine that threw in college and he told me they did squat presses quite often. I though it would be a fun alternative to speed work. I obviously can't go too heavy or I'll miss the press. The goal here is to get the bar as high as possible and lockout with the least amount of upper assitance. 275 was a bit heavy for this but not a bad guage. 225 felt great. I think I'll start these at 255 next week. Very fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment