Monday, July 8, 2013

7/7/13 - hammer/wfd

Training @ 5a

16# hammer x10-12, best at 132, avg 128

Took a couple days off so I felt semi-recovered. Made the mistake of only getting 4.5 hours sleep though so that made me drag a little. About 4 throws over 130, new finish really feels solid. Still not reaching top speed. Looking for some big hammers in Portland.

56# wfd
*1 turn x6, best 35
*full x8-10, best 39

Really feeling the lack of sleep with the hwd. Missing the position at the front by a long shot. Very annoying. My cast/first turn/sprint feel great. Even have some pretty good speed through the sprint. The finish is a total CF though. I'm completely missing the drive to zero on the finish. There is no accelleration through the low point. I'm just landing, waiting and pushing the finish. I'm not feeling that heavy hand like on lwd and like I used to on hwd. I remember with the 49 I could really feel it and it transferred well to the 56. I'm going to throw the 49 a few times to see if I can get that feeling back then throw the 56. Portland is coming up fast. With my piss poor stone numbers I need to have really good weights and hammers to make up some of those points. Throwing a 42-43 wfd is unacceptable. I need to be 45-46.

28# wfd x5, best at 83, avg 81

Not bad. Can feel the increase of speed through the low point on these much better than the heavy. It's almost like I'm getting no feedback from the heavy. Makes me wonder if it's just a timing issue. I'm not pushing the weight soon enough with the heavy. Again, I'm going to play with the 49 this week and see if I can get that push and heavy hand feeling back.

No comments:

Post a Comment