Wednesday, July 17, 2013

7/15/13 - snatches & hammer + wfd

Training#1 @ 415a

Hang power snatches up to a bunch of singles @ 185, drop to 135 for a couple triples

Miserable.


Training#2 @ 545a

16# hammer x12-15

These felt awful. Whatever confidence I had about hammers on Saturday quickly fled. I feel like a train hit me this morning and absolutely could not stay in front of the hammer. Towards the end I slowed the hammer way down and just focused on hitting some solid positions which made me feel better, though I still have that doubt in the back of my mind. I'm trying to just take those crappy reps with a grain of salt and blame them on fatigue so I'm not too worried. I know something big is in there, I just need to relax, hit the positions and make it faster than I've ever made it before.

Training#3 @ 1215p

49# wfd
*1 turn x5, best 45
*full x4, best 50

56# wfd x5, best 42

28# wfd x6, best 84

Really feeling beat up after this session. Didn't take too many throws but tried to really think about what was going on. Working on driving straight, separating at the front and timing the finish better. Feeling a bit more confident about wfd. One more practice then deload for Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment