Tuesday, July 23, 2013

7/22/13 - hammer/wfd/stone/wob

Training#1 @ 515a

16# hammer x11

49# wfd
*1 turn x6
full x5

28# wfd x8

Took a while to get loose on the hammer. The biggest thing I'm looking for here is good extension on my left side and I want to FEEL the push starting at 12 all the way around to release. I accomplished this on the last 3 tosses. Biggest thing is I need to push my right shoulder back and down sooner to get into the position to start pushing so early. Productive. No big numbers, maybe 105-115ish real slow.

Weights felt good. Looking to separate and really reach back to catch the weight. Good push to zero and a good push into the field. Again, not looking for big numbers, just positions. Went 43 one turn, 47 full and 82 with the light. One of the primary focuses was driving straight and a long push for the finish. Felt really good.

Training#2 @ 1145a

15.5# stone
*stand x6, best 48+ (training PR)
*full spin x6, best 53

Getting better at pushing with my right side. Not really focusing on my left at the moment. I know I can add more in later but right now I want to get as big and long of a right side push as I can. Lead with the right hip and follow through with the right shoulder then snap my arm for the finish. Trying to push right into my left leg. It's really starting to come along. Anxious to get a hold of one when I'm fresh and not all jittery.

Training#3 @ 6p

56# wob
*3/3 @ 14
*3/3 @ 15
*3/6 @ 16
*3/3 @ 15.5
*3/4 @ 16
*1/2 @ 17

Changed up my pull a little here. Trying to think "jump" with the weight. Just as the weight goes between my legs I get up on my toes a little and then follow it back with my torso but keeping my head up. Then I start pulling with my torso/pushing my hips forward but not exploding. As soon as the weight gets heavy in my hand I explode up. I'm trying to use the "heavy hand" cue because the weight gets heavy right about when it gets to my midfoot/toes. At that time I've got enough speed on the weight to really scoop the weight up. Trajectory/accuracy wasn't an issue at all here. I'd like to get another practice in before Claw but I need to make sure I'm recovered. I'll be hitting at least once a week from now on so I'll be very mindful about these cues until they're completely engrained and feeling natural. Pretty stoked I nailed one at 17ft despite my level of fatigue right now.

Tomorrow = exact same workout but with sheaf/caber instead of wob then done for the week to rest up for Claw.


No comments:

Post a Comment