Thursday, July 25, 2013

7/23/13 - hammer/wfd/stone/sheaf/caber

Training#1 @ 530a

16# hammer x10-12

49# wfd
*1 turn x5
*full x5

Rough hammer session, but I achieved what I wanted: a smoother entry and a long push on the finish. Due to humidity and the lake that has become of my throwing field, it was very tough to keep the handle dry on the hammer and subsequently the tacky was not working well. Regardless, wasn't looking for numbers here anyways. Majority were 115-123ish I suppose.

Weight felt solid, but little effort. Can still feel the fatigue from the weekend plus yesterdays throwing. Got a little extra sleep last night so thats great. Anyways, getting good separation at the front and that is the primary goal, so I can feel the push to zero and a long push into the field. Secondary mission is timing of the sprint. Whenever I try to gas it I'm just a tad late and sprint way left. My best throws are right down the pipe or just barely slightly left. Goal here is to drill in those reps with good timing. Took a couple where I sped things up and distances were about 47ft, nothing huge at all but positions, timing and push into the field felt great.

Training#2 @ 1215p

16# hammer x6, best 132

15.5# stone
*stand x5
*full spin x6

I initially was just going to do stone but hammer got in my head and was bugging me between the crappy two attempts at Portland and the so-so numbers the last two mornings so I pulled those out and did a few reps real quick. Gassed the last two and went 129/132. Considering fatigue levels I'll take it. I am noticing that I'm having trouble catching the hammer at 12:00. Watched some video and I think I need to turn my torso to the right just a little bit more on the catch so I can apply force sooner for a longer finish.

Stones felt ok. Feeling the separation and a long push on the standing tosses but spins are going to take a bit more time before I'm keeping my left leg down on every one. Its a work in progress.

Training#3 @ 6p

caber (100# x 20ft) 1 turn out of 10 tries

20# sheaf x 6

Dialed in sheaf real quick. Felt explosive and got a nice long push on it. Caber was meh. Energy pretty drained here. Watched some video, some things to change: look up at the top of the caber before pulling, sit back and get my hips low, pull the caber up through my chin. Time to make this a weekly practice sesh.

Time to rest up for Claw this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment