Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7/30/13 - clean/squat & wfd

Training#1 @ 415a

Hang clean up to 275x1
Back squat up to 405x1, add belt/wraps 475x3
12" step ups 225x5x3
SG RDL 275x5x3

Done and done. This felt awful. 275 felt heavy to clean, 475 felt AWFUL to squat. Definitely not recovered but I got some work in. Going to work on getting some extra sleep the next couple days and will handle this week as sort of a "back off" week. Still going to throw and train, but a bit lighter/less volume than usual.


Training#2 @ 1230p

49# wfd
*1 turn x6
*full x10ish, 47ish

28# wfd x5, 78,80,84,82,86

Working on two things here. 1) a wider orbit. Trying to really extend my arm and push the weight as far away from me as I can. 2) driving my hip better at the front: since working on my braemar pushing with my hip and getting better at separating I figured I could attempt to add this in. Still not where I want it but definitely better. Looking to have my hips forward and square to the trig when the weight is still back at 6:00 for a super long push. HWD felt smooth but just felt like there was nothing on it. No gas in the tank to really get it moving. LWD felt much better, smooth, relaxed and very long, however, definitely not fast. Looking forward to next practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment