Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/15/13 - stones

Training @ 530a

15.5# stone
*stand x8-10, best 46
*middle drills x6, best 49
*spin x7, best 53 w/ 5 over 50

This is the best the spin has felt in a long time. The better power position is really helping me here. I'm mentally breaking the braemar down into two parts: 1) right side push to load the left leg get a big arch, chest to the sky 2) post the left leg and pull the left arm at the same time catapulting my entire upper body forward. This is really adding a lot of speed at the release and is working well. Going to work lots of middle drills to focus on getting into that braemar position before finishing. Fixed my entry out of the back as I was diving into the middle. Focus here was to push my left knee out and focus on just turning in place but keeping my right down as long as possible. As soon as my right came up I started my sprint. This allowed me to keep my upper back better as my legs pushed ahead. Finally starting to get excited about stones again. It's been a while since I've made some decent progress so this breakthrough was heavily welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment