Friday, August 23, 2013

8/23/13 - stone/wfd

Training @ 545a

15.5# stone
*stand x6
*south african x3
*spin x6

Focus here is to keep my wrap longer and drive my hip into the field before opening up. Some success here. Notice I'm still finishing early. I need to get my right shoulder farther into the field before letting my arm go. This will keep me on my left longer. On the spins focused a lot on linear drive. All of a sudden the trig area is so small, lol. Trying to get my left leg down fast and keep my upper body as far away from the trig as possible while getting my lower as close to the trig as possible to get a good reverse C. The position is coming, but not there yet. Other thing I was doing is just focusing on a 180 out of the back on the fulls vs leaning into the middle of the "ring". Trying to have as little stone movement as possible before firing my hips forward. After the 180 I'm trying to stay on my left as long as possible and just before my right touches I'm trying to bring my left around and get it down as fast as possible. This is helping keep my upper back. From there: right foot, right knee, right hip, left arm, right shoulder, right arm. It's coming along. Starting to enjoy stones. No measurements but I walked one of them off and it was 51ft with about 3 right around the same spot.

56# wfd x6

Good little sesh, again just looking for positions, no measurements. Trying to get a real wide and long orbit. As soon as I land start sprinting forward and catching as early as possible at the front. Working slow to fast with a strong finish. Objective reached today. Time to relax for the weekend and get back at it Monday morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment