Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/7/13 - wfd/stone

Training#1 @ 615a

49# wfd
*1 turn x8
*full x5

56# wfd x4

28# wfd x8

Coming to the realization there's no way I can copy certain techniques. Trying to my hip in front of the weight and square to the trig while the weight is still at 6:00 is nearly impossible and if I do nail the position I'm very weak. I did have a bit of a revelation when throwing the lwd towards the end that involved a much faster left leg after the first turn. Throwing weights again sunday so looking forward to killing it.

Training#2 @ 1145a

15.5# stone
*stand x6, best 49+ (training PR)
*glide middle drill x3
*glide x3, best 51+

Standing tosses are going really well for once. Focusing on getting low, widened my stance a bit for a longer push. Really trying to get my right hip into it and push my shoulder into the field before finishing. Getting good results here. Middle drill focus was to get my right under me and lead with my hip. Watching video, this isn't what happened. As soon as I got my right under me my left side was already opened up. Need to focus on keeping it closed and starting the throw from the hip. Same thing with the glide. Need to say lower and stay closed longer. Work to do here but consistency so far is great. Very few throws less than 49, two over 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment