Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/17/13 - stones/wfd/hammer

Training @ 12p

23.5# braemar x3 - 41, 40, 41

Very pleased with this. Braemar really coming around. Still need to work on that reverse C a little more but finally getting a long push on this and distance is increasing. 40'2 was my prior PR with this stone so to have all 3 throws over that was encouraging.

17# Ostone x3 - 49, 49, 49

Meh. Over-rotating, minimal linear drive, short finish. Not putting it together, but I have a few ideas on how to fix these issues.
56# wfd x3 - 41, 42, 44

First time going 44 in a while. Last one felt short as well but still had some distance to it. This gives me hope my hwd is back on track. The 41 and 42 felt really good, positions were solid, not getting in front of it enough at the start.
28# wfd x5 - 83, 88, 90, ?, 84

These felt great. The 83 felt like a 75ft throw and the 88 felt like an 81. Sped things up a tiny bit out of the back and went 90 for a sweet practice PR. Didn't hit the finish on the 90 as hard as I did on the 88 so I lost some efficiency there. Just need to keep working on getting long, crushing the sprint and catching it high. Lost the 4th one off the right side and the 5th one was nice and easy to get back into the positions again.

16# hammer x3 - 132, 130, 135

Took a handful of winds to warmup and one warmup throw that I lost out to the right side of the field. Despite that first warmup throw the others felt great. The 132 felt bigger than it was but I was pretty tired by then. Really working on getting a good push off my right side, then pushing my right knee to accellerate through the low point and a huge lift on the finish. Hammer is really coming together well. Can't wait to be 100% rested and catch a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment