Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/20/13 - stones/wob & ohp/bench

Training#1 @ 1215p

15.5# stone
*stand x7, best 46
*south african x3, best 52
*full spin x4, best 51

Push felt nice and long on the stands but just not very snappy. Lots of south african drills working on getting my left leg down fast and getting in a good power position. From there I slowly worked through the rest of the throw into the finish. The south african throws felt good but drifting too forward and blowing past the block. Need to work on transferring linear drive into lift better. Fulls felt ok but again, blowing past the block. Throws about 48-50ish with the best at 51. Last one felt awesome but didn't get it on film. I'm anxious to throw stone  again, seeing a light at the end of the tunnell. Spoke with Nick Kahanik who told me to hold my wrap longer. Did some footwork stuff real quick and I'm going to work on keeping my warp and pushing my hip against it until it forces me to open up. Tough to put that feeling into words but I can really feel my hip pushing my torso when I'm holding my wrap. Going to be difficult to implement into the throws themselves. Pleasanton coming up quick. Got 2-3 more stone practices first so there's still some time.

Training#2 @ 545p

56# wob - 16ft x 5/7

Goal here is to get 5 over and call it quits no matter how many times it takes to get it over. If I do it right it should only be 5 tosses and done. Feeling better. Working on getting that big scoop. As the weight is going between my legs I'm getting onto my toes to allow the weight to pendulum back up as I'm pushing it back, then drop with the weight and start pulling. The two I missed I left out front because I didn't get that pendulum back up behind me. Definitely starting to feel more confident here. The ones that cleared were by 6-8".

Training#3 @ 830p

Axle push press to 295x1x3
Axle strict ohp 235x3x3
Axle cgbp to 275x1x3, 225x12
Ring dips 2x5
Band pushdowns 3x20

Moving to the axle for a few weeks. Eddie suggested it and it got me excited to try it out as I haven't played with the axle in a very long time. Axle was fun. Didn't feel a difference on push press but strict ohp was def harder as was the cgbp from having to stabilize better (thumbless grip). Fun and good sesh. Elbow still bugging me but not as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment