Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/4/13 - stone/wfd/hammer

Training @ 530a

15.5# stone
*stand x6, best 48
*glide stop drill x5
*glide x5, best 50

Stands felt ok, last one was the best. Really focusing on getting my right hip forward and loading my left hard before posting it. Still a tad early as I can get my shoulder forward a little more before finishing, but its getting much better. The glide stop drills were a glide into a stopped power position, then throw from the power position. These were good, helping out with balance. The glides were ok, still finishing way early and missing the reverse completely. Need to work on getting my left down faster and firing my right side better. Regardless, consistent at 48-50 so I'm happy with that. Going to be working a lot of drills to get this up to par by Pleasanton.

49# wfd
1 turn x5
full x3, best 45

28# wfd x3, best 79

Feeling extremely fatigued here so distances were crap but the positions felt awesome. Really getting the hang of driving my hip and leading the weight. Still more work to do but it's coming along well.

16# hammer x6

Focus here was a long left side, early catch and push with my left to my right side then a big lift. These were 50/50. Getting longe on my left makes it much harder to time up as the hammer wants to drift. In the long run these are going to be huge throws, need to dial in the timing and focus on keeping that low point where I want it, off to the right side. Good practice for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment