Monday, August 26, 2013

8/26/13 - stone/wfd

Training @ 1215p

23.5# braemar x2, best 41'3
15.5# open x6, best 51+

Braemar feeling really really good lately. Getting good at holding my left side closed while pushing my right hip. Feeling very confident lately on braemar. Always room for improvement so will be trying to build on this. If I can get consistent in the 44-45 range with this stone I should be top 3 at every game on braemar.

Spin feeling ok but blowing past the power position, as usual. Watched video and I'm leaning too much with my torso so by the time I get my left down I'm way too far forward to get into a good position to push and block. Going to play around with MSA tomorrow and see if that will yield a better transition into the power position. My south african drills seem to feel much better and stronger than the full spin and yield about the same distances. Trying to remain positive. Really need something to boost confidence before moving into these next couple games. By the last throw I was too sweaty to keep the stone on my neck and I ran out of chalk. The ground was getting pretty tore up too (rain + overwatering) so it was hard to keep from slipping, even with my spikes.

56# wfd x3, best 40
28# wfd x2, both @ 83

Hwd was rough to start. Positions felt great but when I tried to gas it I was missing the finish. Not very confident with my footing as the grass was really getting tore up and muddy so footing was questionable. Tried to forget about it on my last toss and was nice and easy out to 40. Same with lwd, relaxed forgot about footing and just hit the sprint and finished hard. Two solid throws and called it. Weights feeling good so will cut it off there for the week. Stone, hammer and caber tomorrow then some recovery work and onto Pton this weekend. Getting anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment