Friday, October 19, 2012

10/19/2012 - snatch/misc & sheaf

Am weight = 270.6

Training #1 @ 430a

Hang power snatch up to 155x2, bar x lots
Snatch pulls bar x lots
Pull-ups bw x6x3
Curls/db twists/leg raises

Very stiff and unmotivated this morning. Snatch felt very off and wasnt getting a good bump or any power out of it. Dropped down and focused on tech only with the bar. Focused on keeping my shoulder blades together and upper back arched. This gave me a much better bump position as week as a much stronger pull. Sweet. Going to try to work up to a higher rep scheme on pull-ups too.

Training #2 @ 620a

20# sheaf x 30-40

Great sheaf session. Learned a few things that work well for me.

1) don't put hands too far apart. Keeping them a bit closer helps with the backswing and drive. Marked my handle too.

2) drive the bag down focusing on keeping the bag to the right of my right foot. In the vid you can see it drift but the mental cue to keep it that far right helps a lot. While driving the bag down, I pushed my right knee in to separate a little from my upper body an the bag. It's very easy to allow the bag to drift left while pushing the right knee in so focus on keeping the bag on the right.

3) huge huge left leg block. Push the right knee in to separate then as soon as the bag hits its low point, huge lift with the left. At this point just follow through with the fork.

4) stagger my feet. I didn't think about this until indie it accidentally. I put my right foot about 6" behind my left but kept the same fork path. So I had to each out a little bit on my right side but the block was much stronger.

^^ this makes me wonder. Does anybody stagger their feet on the hammer?

I'll continue to practice and note my findings but so far I'm pleased with the progression. Today was very beneficial for sheaf, despite still being stiff an feeling run-down.




Macros = ? Carb day ftw

No comments:

Post a Comment