Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10/8/12 - fsquat/cgbench & hammer

Am weight = 279

Training#1 @ 430a

531 fsquat (wk2) 270x3, 310x3, 350x4
Back squat 225x10, 245x10, 275x10
Gms 225x10x3
Cgbench up to 275x3
Incline bench 135x10x4
Skip dips

Skip stationary bike

Fsquat was miserable. Training so early is taking some time to get used too. Shoulder feeling better but could still feel it on the incline presses. Got to stay more upright on the front squats as the bar was really pushing down I my wrists.

Training#2 @ 1230p

16# hammer
*2 wind x 20ish, best 113

No big tosses here, just working the right hip drive. Watching lots of videos of Vierra and Larry Brock, their right knee and their finish specifically. Brock is very exaggerated with the right knee. I can see how he shoves his right knee hard to the left and then pushes his hip to accellerate the ball. For the finish he does this then there is a massive block that slingshots the shit out of the hammer. This is what I'm looking for. Getting close, but with the way I have my feet setup (toes pointing out) it's hard to drive the right knee in very much. Next practice I'm going to play with my right foot positioning. Going to try a few with my left toes pointing out and my right pointing slightly in, then try a few with my left toes pointing out and my right toes pointing straight then I'll watch vid and assess. I'm not looking for distances right now, just solely focusing on my finish. Once I get this down then I'll work on getting long and making the ball fast. I think this right knee thing is going to be big though when it comes to making the ball faster. Looking forward to results. Talked to Ryan Vierra via fb pm and he said he actually digs out his right foot so that he can pivot, rather than having it stuck in the ground. Going to give this a shot. I think this pivot and right knee drive is going to be huge with the hammer. Lots of little things are starting to come together. Hopefully they'll come together for the Tucson games, but if not I'll have one hell of an opener in Phoenix next year, haha.



Macros = 58/57/242 (f/c/p) 1727cals, day 1/4 low carb

No comments:

Post a Comment