Friday, October 5, 2012

10/4/12 - Olympic lifts & throws: wfd/hammer

Am weight = 270.2

Training#1 @ 430a

Power Snatch 135x3, 155x3, 185x3, 195x3, 135x5
Power clean 135x5, 185x3, 135x5x3
seated box jumps 12" to 24" bwx5x3
Db curls 3x10

Shoulder not a fan of the cleans. Going to keep it light for a few weeks and just work on tech. 2nd pull is off and I'm breaking my arms way too early I am attempt at a higher bump. Need to get a higher bump but not at that expense. Keep arms locked and get into triple extension better.

Training#2 @ 615a

56# wfd x20ish full, best of 43

Feeling pretty good. Took a tip from a pro and as the weight started moving back to the right on the cast, instead of just letting it drop and controlling the low point, I pushed the weight away from me more towards the back. By adding this I kept a tighter turn and it acted almost like a slingshot after the first turn, however I had to be very mindful of the push to zero. After a couple reps to drill this in and add driving to zero after the first turn, I was over 40ft every time, averaging 41 with a bunch of 42s and a sweet 43'6. Making progress fsho. Happy considering I had just finished a gym session and we already kind of spent.



Training#3 @ 1230p

16# hammer
*2 winds x5, best of 123
*3 winds x12, best of 122

Meh, few things here still to work on:

1) Catch the hammer higher. I seem to be really reaching back and catching it high, HOWEVER, I'm not applying any force to the ball until it's at about 8:00. Losing a lot of potential speed here. I chalk that up to being slow and I'm not ready to start applying force so soon. Lots more reps to fix this.
2) Pulling in with my left arm. I really need to focus on keeping the left arm long. I need to reach more with my right so that my left doesn't need to pull in.
3) My finish is off. Watching vid of Vierra and Brock and how they push their right hip all the way through to the left side for the finish. Their hips are nearly facing 3:00 as the ball is still at 6:00. In my vid, I start exploding like a clean when the ball is at 6 but my hips are right there too. Need to drag the ball around with my hips and really push my hips to the left, almost scooping it out for the finish. I see where the block comes into play here. Pushing with the right leg pushes the hip to the right and when your hips are facing 3:00 the left leg block pushes it even farther for that final whip of the release.

Looking forward to next hammer sesh so I can play some more.



Macros = 84/64/231 (f/c/p) 1951 cals day 4/4 low carb.. carbup tomorrow, fuck yes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment