Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10/9/12 - deads/pp & stone

Am weight = 272.6

Training#1 @ 430a

531 deads (wk2) 405x3, 460x3, 520x6
531 push press (wk2) 200x3, 225x3, 255x5
Rdls 315x8x2
Strict ohp 135x8, 135x10
Pullups bwx5x3
Lawnmower rows 115x8x3

Good session. Shoulder is feeling good. Got on the dip rack and lowered myself down and there is still some pain so going to stray away from that for a while. Deads went well, had more in the tank but don't want to empty the tank. Push press was no issues, looking forward to progressing here again.

Training#2 @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*stand x8
*180 foot work drill
*south african footwork drill
*south african w/stone x8, blegghhhhhhhhh
*south african footwork drill
*full spin footwork
*full spin x18-20

Stands felt really good. Need to remember to open my left arm as my left foot is coming down and keep my right shoulder back as far as possible for much separation. Was all over the place on the spins. Feeling very stiff and sore and it just wasn't working. I watched some vids of Dylan Armstrong and some other spinners and took now how they lead through the spring phase with their heel. Hmmm.. gave this a shot and balance was all over the place, BUT, it kept my right foot turning. Took a few more ugly reps and popped a couple in the 47-49 range, almost hitting 50 while still falling all over the place. Need to dial in the timing and balance of this new change but this is going to be awesome once I get it working. Back to the grindstone.





Macros = blegh. Only had 2 shakes all day and was running late to meet my family for a VeggieTales concert. Stopped at the in-laws and boom, pizza was available. 6 slices and 1/2 gallon of milk later I felt much better. Whatevs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment