Friday, October 26, 2012

10/26/12 - sheaf/hwd/ostone

Am weight = 268.4

Training @ 540a

20# sheaf x 25ish
56# wfd x 20
15.5# ostone full spin x15

Sheaf went well. Just solidfying what I learned last week. Workin on separating from the bag, pushing my right hip to the left while driving the bag down to it's low point outside of my right leg, then a huge left leg block. Experimented with bag angle and worked on getting lower with my legs rather than my torso, still some more work to do here.

WFD went great. First 5 reps were miserable. Still very stiff and sore from this weeks training. By the 6th rep I was hitting positions spot on. Focused on taking a very little sprint with a huge finish. Think, 60/100 sprint/finish. Worked on separating at the front, pushing to zero and a big big lift. Definately getting these positions better. Hitting 39-40 with no sprint, solid. Afterwards I started adding in the sprint and went high 43s but then started missing the finish so I dialed it back down. Once this gets going 100% there is going to be some big tosses coming.

Ostone is still a mess for me. I feel TOO linear. Like all I'm doing is driving straight and getting no rotation or coil at all. Watched one of Dylan Armstrongs videos ALOT after practice and I know that he travels linearly in a diagonal line (perfectly, btw), however, watching the ball and his upper body, he's so rotational is ridiculous. Talking with Sroka for a bit on it and I believe it's all in my perception and mental cues. I perceive that he's pretty much all rotational with very little linear drive. My curernt throws are all linear with very little rotation. I'm going to take a step forward from the backline and work on wrapping and driving my hips while keeping a diagonal line with my feet from back to front.

Big practice tomorrow, pretty excited. Will probably hit all events, hoping we get some standards setup so I can take a few pulls on the wob. I need to spend some more time with wob. If I can get my timing right and pull longer, I've got some big tosses in my future.


Macros = ? lulz, carb day ftw

No comments:

Post a Comment