Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10/6/12 - throws: stone/wfd/hammer

Am weight = 276 (post carbup)

Training @ 430p

24# shot stands x4, best 36
21.5# stone stands x3, best 38
15.5# stone
*180 drill footwork
*south African drill footwork
*south African w/ stone x5, best 53
*full spin x8, best 54

Happy with how stones are coming. On the standing tosses, focused on "trapping the ball". Keeping the ball behind my right hip by opening my left side up but keeping my right shoulder back until the last second. Lots of footwork drills for the spin. Need to keep my right foot turning, the biggest thing I'm working on right now. As soon as my right foot hits the ground, I'm focusing on pushing my right knee in and being patient so that my left comes around to open up my hips. Another thing I changed was less "cast". I'm not drifting onto my right as much as I used to. Trying to stay pretty square to the back, makes it easier to load my left and get a good controled turn out of the back, less chance to dive into the middle. Definitely making progress here, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Very happy with the numbers, I think only 2-3 tosses under 50ft and these were all semi-effortless.





56# wfd x5, best 41
28# wfd x5, best 80

56 went well, 28 went meh. Focusing on keeping my low point and pushing the weight away/behind me for the slingshot effect. Felt it more with the 56 than the 28 so I'm going to play with this some more on the 28 to find out what works best for me. I find it harder to push to zero with the slingshot method, HOWEVER, when I can push it down, it skyrockets out of my hand. Just need some more reps here and things will really come around.

16# hammer
*2 wind x6
*3 wind x5, too dark to measure

Starting to get dark now as we spent close to 2 hours on the other 2 events so didn't have much time left. Focusing solely on my finish, pushing my hips to the right and blocking with my left leg, something is still off. Really need to spend some time working this event.


macros = ?? went out drinking with Adam Brezina and Jacob Nicol. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment