Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22/12 - benchmark fsquat/cgbench & hammer

Training#1 @ 430a

Fsquat up to 425x1
cgbench up to 365x1
incline press 135x4
pullups bw x8x3

Not bad but not great. Had more in me on the front squat but the half rack was too high for my bottom position and the regular rack was taken so I didn't want to fail and drop the weight 3 feet off the floor. Close grip bench felt good, no issues with the shoulder. Incline on the other hand wasn't a fan. Stiffened up and I didn't want to push my luck. I'll be able to get back at it soon enough. Tried to do a dip as well and no bueno. Will do some skullcrushers or overhead extensions in the meantime, still need to hammer my triceps.

Training#2 @ 630a

16# hammer x2 + 14# hammer x1 x8 rounds
*3 winds for all reps, best of 117

Couple changes:

1) staggered left foot in front of right approx 2-3". This made for a really big block on my finish and also made it easier to drive my right hip into
2) kept a focal point off my left side. When the ball came up my left side, I leaned back, eyes to the sky and arms fully extended, then as soon as I "caught" the hammer, my eyes went back to the focal point on the left. This really helped speed the ball up immediately instead of dropping then speeding it up. As the ball was falling and reached about 8:00 I would try to push my right knee in and separate from the ball to drive it harder. This was hit and miss, lots more reps required here but it felt good.
3) drag the ball on the finish. I worked on catching the ball way to my right and dragging it through its low point on the finish then a huge left side block. The finishes are feeling very good. Can't wait to get all this down and actually speed it up. Not sure if it'll be ready for Tucson, but I'll give it all I've got.

Macros = ?

Haven't really been tracking my calories. I pay attention to protein and keep my carbs low. Today's food was:

1 scoop whey
.....train#1
1 scoop whey
.....train#2
1 scoop whey
2 double cheeseburgers protein style (no bun)
5 egg omelette with about 3/4c cheddar cheese and approx 24oz skim milk

No comments:

Post a Comment