Thursday, October 4, 2012

10/3/12 - ostone

am weight = 270

training @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*stand x3
*south african footwork drills
*180 footwork drills
*south african w/stone x 6-8, best of 52
*full footwork drills & more suth african footwork drills
*full w/stone x 18-20, best of 51

Continues to plague me, but it is getting better. Watched a lot of Dylan Armstrong videos as well as our very own HG guy Matt Vincent. Biggest thing I noticed: left leg gets all the way around really opening up the hips. and forcing the right foot to keep turning. So I worked on this. It was maybe 50/50. I can do it no problem on the 180 drills. The south africans are come and go. When I focus on keeping my knees together, boom. When I focus on separating, not so much. Having tough putting them both together but it's coming along and I'm making progress. Baby steps I suppose. Full throws were meh. Some were ok, some were not. Some I got the left all the way around on, some I did not. Very inconsistent at this time. Really need to work on keeping my knees together as that seems to drive the hips around faster and keep the right foot turning. Talked to Matt as well as Jacob Nicol and Tom Sroka for a bit.

Few things to note:
out of the back - pre-turn left foot in order to "slingshot" the right into the middle. Do a 180 pivot on the left foot, its not a turn and dive into the center. Think "rolling start" to a south african drill.
middle - drive my right foot into the ground and force it to turn, keep knees together to bring the left leg all the way around to open the hips, strong block
finish - keep chest up and finish strong, don't let my upper get sloppy just because I'm focusing on footwork

mental reps now, lots of mental reps. Throwing hwd tomorrow morning, then hammer tomorrow afternoon and off till Saturday. Looking forward to throwing with Jake and Adam Brezina then going out for some drinks.





Macros = 62/56/231 (f/c/p) 1731 day 3/4 low carb

No comments:

Post a Comment