Monday, December 2, 2013

11/18/13 - squat & stones

Took a couple weeks off to let injuries heal up. Going to spend the next month easing back into my full training program and at that point I'll be "rebooting" my offseason as well as re-evaluating off-season goals, etc.

Training#1 @ 445a

Front squat up to 315x3x3 beltless
24" box squat 315x5, 365x5, 405x5 all beltless, bar bouncing off shoulders
12" step up 225x6x3
RDLs 225x10x3

Good first workout back. Upper back a little sore from hiking yesterday and carrying my 3 year old in a backpack carrier. Core a little tight but overal felt pretty good.

Training#2 @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*stand non reverse x5
*stand reverse x3, best 46
*full spin non reverse x3
*full spin reverse x3, best 52

First time throwing a stone correctly since 10/27 due to the oblique. Had to really lay off at the Tucson games. Separation is miserable but everything else felt great. Trying to pull my left hand in wider vs right into my side so I can feel a bigger stretch in my chest and get my right shoulder moving faster. Changed my hand position so my left thumb is down and palm is facing out in the very start of the power position. Then I swing it wide and by the time my left arm is open my palm is facing down so when I pull in my elbow stays out, vs my palm in a neutral grip which makes it easier to pull my elbow down. Not sure if any of this really matters to those shot put guys and great stone guys but it made a difference for me in how I'm pulling my left and felt much more powerful, despite not havnig any separation. I'll be starting stretching this week to increase flexibility and mobility to hit better positions. Need to remember not to open my left arm until my left foot touches for the spin. Everything else is on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment