Monday, December 9, 2013

12/8/13 - stone/wfd/hammer

2 mins jump rope and 20 mins cardio on Saturday 12/7 to get the heart pumping

12/8 AM weight = 278lbs 
*down about 15lbs over the last 3 weeks

Training @ 7a

15.5# stone
*stand non reverse x5-6
*stand w/ reverse x4-5, best 51 for training PR
*full spin non reverse x6-8, best 52ish

Focus on holding my left arm and right shoulder back so that I can lead with the right hip. Getting better. Pushing the right knee in hard trying to get it facing the field before I start pushing/opening up. Nice standing stone pr with the light stone. Going to be switching to a 17# stone soon. Spins felt ok. On the handful of throws I separated well I lost sprint and left about a foot in the trig. On the ones I sprinted well I lost all separation. Still working consistency here. On a positive note, I am getting better at separating. Just need to remember to hold my upper body back and make sure my hips stay in front of my torso. Productive sesh.


49# wfd
*one turn x5, best 45
*full x8-10, best 50

25# wfd x1 @ 91ft

Wfd feels good though I'm using up a lot of room in the trig. Doing a good job of staying back on the cast and not drifting forward, however, I'm sprinting so hard I'm using up all my real estate and landing very narrow at the front. Need to figure this out as I'm losing power on the final push into the field. Started getting it a bit better towards the end when I relaxed and focused on getting my right down sooner. Need more work here.


16# hammer x7, best 140

Goal today was to go 140 and call it. Was starting to get frustrated. Series went 127, 128, 138, 139, 138, 138, 140. Abdominals feeling good, no sign of a strain. Happy to get back into the swing of things here. Contemplaying utilizing a heavier hammer to train power for this event. I've gota lighter hammer to work on speed but I feel like I need a bit more sport specific power so throwing a 26-28 hammer might do that for me. I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment