Thursday, December 12, 2013

12/10/13 - ohp/bench & stone

Training#1 @ 415a

Strict ohp 185x5, 205x5x2, 225x5x2
Flat bb bench 275x3, 295x3, 315x3, 275x6
3 board press 275x5x2
Band pushdowns & face pulls 2x20

No pain at all on the strict ohp. Def lost a little power but not too much and should be back pretty quickly as long as I stay at it. Bench feeling stronger and gaining confidence. The 3rd rep with 315 was def a grinder so I'm starting out pretty low (again). Hoping to get this up to a double w/405 by the beginning of the season. Only went for 2 sets with the board presses as my shoulder started to let me know it was getting fatigued and I didn't wan to push it there. Good sesh.



Training#2 @ 1230p

15.5# stone
*stand non reverse x5-6
*stand w/ reverse x5-6
*spin non reverse x8-10

Wasn't looking for any numbers. Not feeling much pop today after the heavy pulls yesterday and pressing this morning. Working on getting my hips through first on the standing. This is proving difficult to separate as it's not a very smooth transition for me yet. I'll keep working on it. Had a breakthrough on the spin for the last couple throws. Usually I try to get my left down immediately and start pushing but I'm always finishing too early before my hips are where they need to be so this time I focused on turning my foot the moment my right touches down, despite my left not being down. Much to my surprise (and delight) this put my right hip forward ready to push the moment my left came down and it was much easier to keep my upper body back to separate. Progress. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment