Monday, December 16, 2013

12/15/13 - sunday throws

Training @ 730a

24.5# stone
*stand non reverse x3-4
*stand w/ reverse x3-4, best 37 ugh

15.5# stone full spin non reversee x 6-8, best 51, ugh

Absolutely could not get my hips in front of my torso. Felt very stiff the whole time and couldn't separate my lower from my upper. This proved frustrating and the numbers show.


56# wfd x5-6, best 45
28# wfd x4-5, best 87

Ditched the strap today and hooked all my throws just as a mid off-season test to make sure my grip his holding up. No grip issues at all, including on the thinner handled ring handles I was using. Hand completely in tact w/no tears. Good distances despite not throwing a 56 or 28 in several weeks. Going to stick to the plan throwing the 49 and 25 in practice.


22# hammer x4-5, best 114
16# hammer x4-5, best 137

Haven't thrown a 22 in practice in ages but realized I need to start so I can work on my power with the heavier hammer. Changed my grip on the 22 so that all 4 fingers of both hands are on the handle, this gave me better control and the hammer didn't want to slip out as bad. Did the same on the 16 and I feel like I lost a little. I'll play around with it this week. Distances were solid, though I would've liked to have seen 140 with the 16. Was getting tired by then as we were a little over 3 hours in at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment