Monday, December 2, 2013

11/19/13 - ohp

Training @ 515am

Push press up to 225x3x3
Strict press 135x5x3
3 board press 135x8x5
Band pushdowns 2x20
Band pulldowns 3x15
Band rows 3x15

Not bad, only minimal shoulder pain, seems to be feeling better but not trying to push it yet. Going lighter is allowing me to work on tech a little better: keeping the elbows in, spreading the bar with my hands, etc. 3 boards are going to be my equivalent of my high box squats. Fast and explosive just to train that top end. Triceps have always been my weak point in pressing so hopefully this will fix some of that. Still need to lay off dips for a while as it's too much load for my shoulder. Going to start doing seated dips against a band to still get into the same position that really torques it but much lighter so there's no pain and taking it through the ROM so I can get good blood flow to heal it. Was hoping to throw wfd but my FSA company had other plans. F.

No comments:

Post a Comment